In nearly 1,350 rambling words, Reich shills again for socialized medicine in the WSJ today, telling us "Why We Need a Public Health-Care Plan." I dare you to read the whole thing. If you understandably don't want to, I'll sum it up for you:
- He asks plaintively why "reform" has stalled in Congress
- Cites dubious poll numbers claiming Americans just LOVE the idea of socialized medicine and would be happy to pay more taxes to subsidize care for others
- Lies about the destructive impact of a "public option" on what remains of the health care market
- Misrepresents or dismisses without evidence the claims of critics of Obamacare
- Yada, yada, yada
- And ends saying, "Enough talk. [Obama] should come out swinging for the public option."
If you feel a little nauseous after reading Reich's progressive pablum, I prescribe a proper defense of Freedom and Individual Rights in Medicine.