This week's roundup includes some great insights and analyses -- from the financial crisis, to political activism, to movie reviews -- written by authors who are animated by Objectivism, the philosophy of Ayn Rand. According to Ayn Rand:
Without further ado, I present Objectivist Roundup #65!
- Rational Jenn presents Another Kind Of Drought posted at Rational Jenn, saying, "These are some of my thoughts on going through the recent gasoline shortage in Atlanta."
- Andy Clarkson presents "Religulous" posted at The Charlotte Capitalist.
- Jared Seehafer presents If only all the Goldman partners thought this way posted at The Undercurrent, saying, "Former Goldman Sachs partner Greg Zehner writes that Ayn Rand foresaw the economic crisis the United States now faces."
- Zev Barnett and Guy Barnett present Kohl Mobile: LOL posted at The Undercurrent, saying, "We look at the Senate Antitrust Subcommittee’s crusade to rescue consumers from high text messaging prices."
- Gideon Reich presents Correspondence with my Congressman posted at Armchair Intellectual, saying, "My initial response to the bail out bill and resulting correspondence with my representative."
- Eric Clayton presents It's Funny That They Just Don't Get It posted at Atlantis.
- Andrew Dalton presents Pope delights in the economic crisis posted at Witch Doctor Repellent, saying, "When it comes to consistency in altruism and hatred of life on earth, the Catholic Church has the evangelical Protestants beaten easily."
- Ari Armstrong presents Palin Lets Biden Disparage Free Market posted at FreeColorado.com, saying, "Sarah Palin set the stage for Joe Biden to rail against free markets, even though government controls caused the mortgage crisis."
- Shaun Connell presents The Creator Personality posted at Personal Development, saying, "There is one type of personality that is a conscious choice. This personality type causes success, regardless of obstacles. Learn what it is by reading The Creator Personality."
- Jared Seehafer presents What Laissez-Faire? posted at The Undercurrent, saying, "A reply to French President Nicolas Sarkozy's speech declaring that the current financial crisis shows that laissez-faire capitalism must be abandoned."
- Gus Van Horn presents The Obama Youth posted at Gus Van Horn, saying, "Memo to the Obamatons: 'Just because you can, doesn't necessarily mean you should.'"
- Diana Hsieh presents Moral Evaluations of Evil People posted at NoodleFood, saying, "Is it more evil for a person to fully embrace the logical consequences of his vile views or to evade them? This post answers that question."
- C. August presents US Govt Nationalizes Financial Industry posted at Titanic Deck Chairs, saying, "Things have only gotten worse since I posted this. The initial bailout was only a pseudo-nationalization. Now they're proposing an actual one."
- Paul Hsieh presents Malanga on the Bailout posted at NoodleFood, saying, "Steven Malanga argues that the bailout mess was ultimately caused by turning logic on its head and elevating "lack of value" over value."
- Greg Perkins presents Religulous: One Cheer out of Three posted at NoodleFood, saying, "Bill Maher has a new documentary slamming religion, Religulous, which opened Friday night around the nation. Short review: Sure, go see it. It will make you snort and laugh and shake your head at the endless nuttiness of religion. And it will make you think -- but not that much. Unfortunately, there is a fundamental flaw that keeps it from being great."
- Peter Cresswell presents Explaining the "credit crunch" posted at Not PC, saying, "'Bring on the Bailout!' And another; and another; and another. As governments' emergency measures keep accelerating, even as the effect of those measures diminishes, George Reisman seems the only economist able to clearly explain why the 'credit crunch' has quickly become more of a 'credit spiral.'"
- Adam Reed presents California Proposition 4 and the Self-Lobotomy of the Pragmatist Left posted at Born to Identify, saying, "The prospect of a victory on California Proposition 4 being handed to the Christo-Fascists by the Pragmatists on their self-lobotomy tray may seem like a local issue, but it is a symptom of what is happening to individual rights everywhere in America."
- Edward Cline presents The Congressional Betrayal of America posted at The Rule of Reason.
- Gina Liggett presents We Are All Venezuelans posted at NoodleFood.
That concludes this edition of the Objectivist Roundup. Submit your blog article to the next edition of Objectivist Roundup using our carnival submission form.
Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.